iStock is one of the few stock media agencies that does not only sell stock photos but also stock video footage. Founded in 2000, the company has grown into over 7 million of digital files. It has been selling amazing video footage for a decade. Many creative professionals use the stock site because of its easy-to-use interface and very reasonable pricing & plans. It also boasts one of the most user-friendly search features in the market.
iStock has its own search technology called faceted search. You can search the library through categories and keywords. In your keyword search, you can use the standard Boolean, such as:
You can also filter your searches by:
- Searching within a search allows you to narrow down the results by doing a second search from your initial search pages.
- Elemental search lets you search for image qualities. You can specify prominent colors in the video to narrow your choices to stock video footage that match your theme.
- Video file formats allow you to search for videos by PAL, DV or NTSC. You can also search by dimension at 16:9 and 4:3. Moreover, you can search to find 720 or 1080 HD and download whichever file format you need.
- Search by people. Are you looking for stock video footage with people? You can narrow down your choices to videos that feature people. You can specify the gender and age group, too. You can also choose among videos that do not include people in them.
- Search by age. If you are looking for the most recent uploads, you can limit your files to searches that have been uploaded in the last hour, the last 24 hours, within the week or the past month.
What if you want only free content?
You can register to iStock (using a promo code that can be found here) to avail of their free stock video footage every week. That is 4 free stuff in a month. Once you sign up, you will also have access to the stock site’s media library. If you wish to purchase from the library, simply subscribe to a plan or purchase credits. One video from the Essentials collection, which is the best value of tight budgets, costs 6 credits. On the other hand, the Signature collection, which includes the very best videos, have video footage that starts at 18 credits.
iStock lets you save with their flexible plans. You don’t have to resort to free videos in the Internet. The stock media agency protects your business investment for a price that fits your budget. Of course, there will be restriction on the use of the video. As long as you adhere to the terms and conditions, you don’t have to worry about any legal issues that may arise in the future.